Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chapter XXXIX: Family


After returning from my backpacking endeavor, I jumped right back into my ministry, my friends, and my life. Holy week was great, including two special services, lots of extra church music, a very successful fundraiser, and the launch of the new ministry.

The new "Youth Night" program went really well. The combination of good food, good games, and good discussion made for a successful evening. The statistics of our turnout served as a very reassuring reminder that the LORD wants us to continue our ministry in this neighborhood.

But the real highlight of the week was my realization of family.

I know I've said it before, but Michigan really feels like home. My church family is close, and my friends are closer. On Monday, our youth group held a dinner fundraiser at pizza hut. Upon entering the restaurant, I was quickly greeted with smiles, shouts, and hugs. The whole restaurant was filled with my Michigan family. And as we waited for our food, I very much enjoyed chatting with them.

I spent Easter with Katie's family, and again, I felt right at home. I even got a candy-pooping chicken in my easter basket! The introduction of Katie into my life has been a blessing, and my relationship with her has made life so joyful.

The topper was the new addition to the Boucek household: Riley. I finally adopted the dog I've always wanted. This year old lab/retriever mix is an adorable bundle of fun, and has made me feel even more at home in this watery mitten of a state.

I ask that you would pray for our church as whole, but also for me as we examine the future of the Olivet family. While I am confident in the LORD's plan to provide for me, I am fairly uneasy about the details of where I'll be working this summer.

Surrounded by family,
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment